The Greensboro Literary Organization seeks a Logistics Coordinator who will aid us in preparing for and executing the 2022 Greensboro Bound Literary Festival, (May 19-22, 2022). The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for directly interfacing with various Festival planning teams to create the on-site Festival experience for our audience and authors. We seek a detail-oriented individual with outstanding planning and operational management skills, strong communications skills, and the willingness and ability to work effectively with board members, volunteers, and community partners.
About Greensboro Bound
We are readers, writers, students, academics, authors, and volunteers who are passionate about books, writing, and reading! Greensboro Bound Literary Festival brings outstanding writers of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, young-adult and children’s books to our community and into our schools. We encourage committed readers to further engage with literature and spark new enthusiasm for reading among beginners. By promoting reading and civil public discussion, the Festival will bridge social and cultural divides across our city and region. Greensboro Bound fosters an understanding of writing as a process that allows free expression, deepens critical thought, and helps sustain a culture of inquiry and delight that is open to all!
Logistics Coordinator, Greensboro Bound Literary Festival
The Greensboro Bound Logistics Coordinator is responsible for directly interfacing with various Festival planning teams and an event services provider to create the on-site Festival experience for our audience and authors.
Logistics Coordinator will
- Lead Festival location/logistics team, program planners, and vendors to determine venue resources and needs (e.g., A/V, signage, tables); and ensure all Festival set-up needs are met
- work directly with an event services provider and venue contacts to secure Festival venues and assess each venue’s resources in the context of Greensboro Bound’s needs
- Ensure that the required equipment/resources are in place
- Ensure that venues are operating smoothly during the Festival
- Document & track timelines, contacts, and communications required to complete logistics coordination tasks
- Ensure that venues are returned to their original state as the Festival ends
- Debrief the Greensboro Literary Organization (Greensboro Bound) Board on Festival outcomes, including areas of success and improvement
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in planning and managing large-scale events
- Has led teams comprised of volunteers and paid professionals
- Has managed an organization’s participation in an event
- Ability to work well with team members and stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
Logistics Coordinator will report to two board members who are members of the Festival location/logistics team. The coordinator will be supported by those two board members and our Program Manager.
This is a contract position spanning six months, January – June 2022 . Actual hours necessary to complete work may vary by week. 40 hours per month (or approx 10 hours/ week in the months leading up to the festival’s start on May 18, and essentially full-time during the week of the Festival, May 18-22, 2022.
$4500 – 6000 based on experience and ability to create successful outcomes for the Festival
Interested applicants should send the following documents to Steve Colyer and Andrew Saulters at contact(at)greensborobound.com
- cover letter
- three professional references who can speak directly to your relevant work experience
Application deadline: October 29, 2021
First review of applicants: October 13, 2021